Highgate Medical Centre aims to provide the best possible health care for their patients. However there may be circumstances when it would be considered reasonable, or in the best interests of the patient, to remove patients from the list.
Situations which justify removal :-
- Violence- when a patient is physically violent or threatening towards a doctor, practice staff or other patients on the practice premises.
- Causes physical damage to practice premises or other patient’s property.
- Gives verbal abuse or makes threats towards the doctor, practice staff or other patients.
- Gives racist abuse, orally or physically.
- Is violent or uses or condones threatening behaviour to doctors
- Crime & Deception
- Fraudulently obtains drugs for non-medical reasons.
- Deliberately lies to the doctor or other member of the primary health care team
- Attempts to use the doctor to conceal or aid any criminal activity.
- Steals from practice premises.
- Embarkation - where a patient has moved abroad for a period of 3 months of more
- Irretrievable breakdown of the doctor-patient relationship